Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip VitaTops

This morning I tried the Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip Vitatop from  the Vitalicious line. This line offers portion-controlled muffin tops with only 100 calories. They are all made with 15 vitamins and provide 4-10 grams of fiber. My favorite flavor thus far was the Deep Chocolate Vitatop and I wanted to see if this would measure up. Since I love peanut butter, it seemed like a sure bet. 

When I opened up the package, I found 6 full peanut butter chips and 2 half ones. That seemed like an appropriate amount to me. I heated up the muffin in the microwave for about 15 seconds and then tried an area of the muffin where there was a peanut chip. The taste: chocolate with a sweet peanut butter flavor. It tasted really good! However, then I tried a piece of the muffin where there was no peanut butter chip... and I was not as impressed. The muffin without the peanut butter chip was unexciting and dull. I much preferred the Deep Chocolate muffin to this. It would have been better if the peanut butter chips were dispersed throughout the muffin, not just at the top. 



I think I will stick to the Deep Chocolate Vitatop. This is a good substitute, but I am not entirely happy with it.


Nutrition: 100 calories, 150 mg of sodium, 26 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fiber, 12 grams of sugar, 4 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment