Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sweet Ella's Smooth Organic Peanut Butter






This morning for breakfast I opted out of cereal and chose a peanut butter sandwich instead. I saw Sweet Ella's Smooth Organic Peanut Butter in the pantry, waiting to be tried. So I opened it and stirred. While my bread was in the toaster, I tried it with my spoon. It tasted like nuts from a jar. It felt almost crunchy, as there were small bits of nuts in the mixture. I really liked the taste because it was a little different then what I was used to. Even though it was called "Sweet," it really was not that sweet. It was more about the nut flavor. On bread, it was even better. I still prefer other brands due to the sweetness factor, but this is a nice change. Especially in the morning when I am often not in the mood for sweets. 


The nutritional information is good, depending on what you are looking for. If you are looking for low sugar, this is the right peanut butter for you. It only has 1 gram of sugar per two tablespoons. This peanut butter is also REALLY low in sodium, with only 35 mg of sodium. However, it only has 2 grams of fiber. BUT it has 8 grams of protein. 


It is also made of just TWO ingredients: organic peanuts and a touch of sea salt. This peanut butter is clearly the closest thing to peanuts.


I would definitely eat this again when I am craving something a little different.


Nutrition information (per 2 tablespoons): 190 calories, 16 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar, 8 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment