Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snackwell's Fudge Drizzled Caramel Popcorn


I love the holiday season that just passed. I can relax, read books, sleep, and spend time with my family. The only downfall of it is that people love to send over unhealthy food gift baskets. This year it seemed like everybody was sending one thing: CARAMEL POPCORN. Day after day there would be a new box of caramel popcorn awaiting my arrival. And I LOVE caramel popcorn. Clearly, this is not a healthy choice. So when I spotted Snackwell's Fudge Drizzled Caramel Popcorn, I decided to give this a try in order to fulfill my cravings.


The taste: delicious! It was just the right amount of caramel and sweet. However, I must admit: this does not compare to regular caramel popcorn. I found myself wanting to eat this AND the real thing. But it definitely does not taste like a "diet" product because quite frankly, it isn't!


The nutritional information is not the best. It has 18 grams of sugar! However, in terms of calories, it could be worse. It is 130 calories for a decent amount of popcorn. I counted my bag and I found 34 popcorn pieces.


So will I eat it again? Doubtful. The taste does not make up for the nutritional factors. I can eat an apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter for about the same amount of calories.


Nutrition information: 130 calories, 24 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 18 grams of sugar, 1 gram of protein, 200 mg of sodium, 3 grams of fat

No comments:

Post a Comment